Terms & Conditions
What You Agree To:
- You must be 18 years of age or over to place an order. It is illegal in the United Kingdom to sell Alcohol to anyone under 18.
- You are not purchasing any Alcoholic Product on behalf of anyone who is under 18 years of age.
- You agree to supplying The Lancashire Mead Company with your Date of Birth.
- By placing an order with The Lancashire Mead Company, you absolve the company of any liabilty for any known disease that is caused by Alcohol Consumption.
- Dispatch of orders is normally done Tues-Thurs, due to Event Trading most weekends.
- All orders placed after Noon Thursday will be dispatched Tuesday for Wednesday delivery.
- All prices shown include packaging in the Postal Dispatch option. Postage cost is additional and calculated at checkout, dependant on the delivery address.
- All communication will be via email. Please ensure you use a current email address and check your emails regularly for updates regarding your order. Please add our email address to your 'safe' list firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you wish to cancel your order, you must do so before noon the next working day. Orders that have been dispatched cannot be cancelled.
- We dispatch using a courier service on a next day delivery basis. It is your responsibility to ensure you can receive your delivery.
- We ship to the UK Mainland ONLY. We cannot ship outside of the UK including BFPO addresses.
- You can have your order delivered to an alternative address by entering your delivery address into the 'Postage Address' section whilst placing your order. YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE DELIVERY ADDRESS ONCE YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN DISPATCHED.
- Our couriers will endeavour to leave your parcel with a neighbour unless instructed otherwise. In the event that delivery is not possible, the courier will leave a card containing the information needed to organise re-delivery at a more convenient time. We will also email you this information. It is your responsibility to organise the re-delivery.
- You can include instructions to leave your delivery in a 'safe place' in the Customer Notes section. Please note that this is done at your own risk. Our couriers will leave your delivery as instructed and take pictures to prove they have done so.
- Missed deliveries, that are returned to us, cannot be refunded only redelivered subject to a further postage charge. This will be £25 to include the return fee charged by the courier.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you will be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, date of birth and telephone number.
You may visit our site anonymously. However, to ensure we comply with our legal obligations, you must register to place an order.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
· To process transactions and complete your order
· To ensure compliance with legal requirements
· To personalise your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
· To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
· To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
· Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested, without your consent, unless required by law.
· To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
· To send periodic emails. The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
· You may close your account with us at any time. We will retain your data for 5 years after account closure to meet legal requirements.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorised with special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. Our Debit/Credit Card Payment Gateway is provided by WorldPay and Payment Acquirer is Streamline, all PayPal Payments are processed by PayPal and their Acquirers. We, The Lancashire Mead Company, do not keep your Debit/Credit or PayPal details, nor do we have access to those details.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
For further information visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links:
How to contact us:
or write to us at: The Lancashire Mead Company, Unit 6, Hampson Street, Horwich, BL6 7JH for the attention of Ann Farrell, Data Controller
If you are not satisfied with our response, you may lodge a complaint with The Information Commissioner’s Office